Welcome to the Bubblerun Hand Car Wash
"No Brushes! No Rollers! No Scratches!"
The Bubblerun Hand Car Wash was established in May 2004 to meet the needs of the more discerning motorist in the Harrogate area with a safer fourth option, other than that of the local hand held jet wash, drive through brushwash, or D.I.Y method to maintain their vehicle in "showroom condition"!
Hand car washes have been around now in this country for about 20 years, and are a modern day twist of the good old fashioned "bucket and sponge" way of cleaning your vehicle.
Britain’s motoring public quickly embraced the fourth option of how to keep their vehicle clean, so much so that they have sprung up everywhere leaving drive thrus and coin operated Jet Washes frothing in their wake.
We hope the following information is both informative and creates a need for some if not all of our products and services and is based on my 20 years experience in the automotive cleaning industry, demonstrating, selling and supplying throughout Yorkshire to all the major motor manufacturers , plus the road/rail/bus/airline/heavy plant/coach/limo and taxi industries and of course hand car washes, meeting all their needs with everything from a humble nail brush and mini jet dispenser, through to the sales / service of jet washes, hot / cold pressure washers ,vacs ,carpet cleaners , and rollover drive through systems.
Owner / Operator
Why choose the Bubblerun over other alternatives?
The problems with drive through:
Your first option. Drive through car washes are both cheap and convenient ,but over the years have earned themselves a great deal of mistrust from the motoring public. Heres why:
1. Here regular use of worn, damaged, grit contaminated bristles, run a very real risk of scratching/dulling your vehicle paint work, (especially obvious on darker coloured paint). Damage can occur in a very dramatic way, or in a very gradual manner after continued use.
2. Computerised wash programs can in rare occasions "skip" segments of their wash cycle, giving an inferior wash and even get stuck causing serious damage to cars and their occupants. As did happen on one occasion when the unfortunate driver of a BMW found himself stuck in a drive through with it's roof crushed in! Yes this really did happen, and on another occasion I further witnessed a brushwash stuck on a front bumper in full operational mode,pushing the whole of the vehicle down, causing the driver to panic, place his vehicle in reverse, only for the whole of the front bumper to be ripped off, catapulting himself backwards into the next vehicle behind.
3. A result , this is one of the main reasons why convertibles are prohibited from using brushwashes, as are vehicles with "top boxes", spoilers,and roof racks, due to the high risk,and probability of getting the brushwash stuck. Further to this most brushwashes display a "disclaimer", informing the driver that they take their vehicle through "at own risk".
4. Brushwash programs are all set for the" average" degree of soiling in the pursuit of maximum profitability, however the degree of soiling varies considerably from vehicle to vehicle,and as a result extremely soiled vehicles will fail to be cleaned correctly, especially so through the winter months.
5. The computerised, robotic cleaning actions of the drive through fail to replace the human eye for detail,continual they miss all those annoying nooks and crannies, fail to clean alloys, sills, wheel arches and the bottom of front and rear bumpers properly
6. Brush washes are very aggressive by their very nature,and will damage further any weakened trim such as mirrors, loose bumpers ,badges, wiper blades etc.
7. Many motor manufacturers discourage the use of brushwashes, and some such as BMW Mini, actual state that it might invalidate their paint warranty.
8. Brush washes fail to remove fly debris and bird droppings. The failure to remove this will damage paint work.
9. Brush washes will fail to remove tree sap.
10. Brush washes will not clean white cars properly.
11. The initial rinse cycle comes in the way of a weak flush. This does not have the force as a pressure washer to totally remove all hard, heavy debris such as grit totally off and away from the vehicle, but rather re-deposits this in crannies only for the action of the brush to pick up with the obvious consequences.
12. Brushwashes do not clean wheel arches,and around brake callipers and steering fittings, plus the build up of heavy deposits of mud on ball joints, track rod ends, rubber boots etc. if left will cause irreversible damage and greatly shorten the life expectancy of these parts very quickly.
13. Brush washes do not use autoglym products,but cheaper,harsher chemicals.
14. Brush washes will scratch expensive vinyl vehicle graphics.
15. Finally the acid test. After all this, does this method actually "deep"clean to your total satisfaction, well I will let you be the judge of that, but to help you decide here is a method I used when demonstrating chemicals to potential customers in order to close the sale. With a clean white lint free soft fold it into a neat pad and wipe down one side at the bottom of your vehicle,then turn it over and with the other clean side repeat over the bonnet, now open it fully up, now ask yourself that question. Is my vehicle clean, or is it still dirty?
The jet wash. The obvious negatives!
Your second option is to run your vehicle down to your local jet wash, again cheap and convenient I certainly agree, but not without it's negatives.
1. Let's be honest here, who actually wants to stand in the cold and wind and get themselves,their clothes and expensive shoes covered in water and potentially harmful irritant chemicals, unlike brushwashes which clean by their brush action jet washes rely on the action of the chemical to clean and as a result invariably use high caustic.
2. Many have a timer operation, making you rush to beat the clock.
3. Most jet washes offer a brush aid option, however these have invariably been discarded on the floor by previous users where they pick up grit, which is then transferred onto the vehicle paint work.When this occurs most if not all the panels will be scratched and as a result require re-painting!
4. Your vehicle remains static, alloys need to be rotated in order to achieve a full clean.
5. To clean a vehicle in the correct manner requires correct training.
6. In the chase for maximum profitability, Jet Wash chemical strength is pre-set for optimum profitability, meaning that for deep ingrained and heavy soiling the user will have to resort to gambling with the hand held brush.
7. Be very careful after you have finished your wash,as the hose may get caught up in your wheels, resulting in damage to your vehicle and very possibly the Jet Wash.
8. Jet Wash hoses do burst! And if they do eye injury could occur, from high water pressure and caustic irritant chemicals!
9. Jet Washes do not use Autoglym products.
9. For that perfect" showroom finish ", your vehicle needs to be dried, jet washes fail to dry your vehicle.
10. Try the white lint free cloth test! Wipe one side down the bottom half of your car, turn it over and repeat with the clean side over your bonnet, open it up and see if your car is still clean or dirty!
D.I.Y home wash. The negatives!
Your third option and probably the best! In your own time, washing your pride and joy with your choice of chemicals, and you as the finale judge. And on a beautiful summers day, with your favorite music playing is without doubt one of life's little pleasures! But wait a moment there are a few catches...
1. Perfect days are far from common, especially when you want them. Then there is a good 45minutes to an hour to put to one side, with which to cover the whole wash process.
2. Then you have the job of getting your hose or pressure washer, bucket, sponge, chemicals, leather etc. out and ready, not forgetting you will have the job of putting all away again.
3. Without doubt you are going to get wet and soapy, so on go your worst clothes,which will need changing and of course washing after the event!
4. Time and time again we see through the "Bubblerun" the end results of D.I.Y car washes where car owners have scratched and damaged their paint work and trim by the incorrect use of equipment. ie. the rotating brush head, or by the incorrect removal of stubborn bird lime with harsh abrasive cleaning agents and cloths, and whilst we are at this juncture, a finale cautionary note,never ever, let young children help you wash your car!
Usage of the drive through/jet wash option and yes even the D.I.Y home option runs a very high risk of causing damage ,that will be costly to repair and if left will undoubtably affect the ultimate resale value of your vehicle!
However from may 2004 Harrogate obtained a much overdue 4th risk free option......"THE BUBBLERUN HAND CAR WASH"
Approved/Vetted service and Operating members discount club.
On production of your relevant ID, the Bubblerun Hand Car Wash is pleased to offer £1.00 off your car wash on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday, and 10% of the price of any valet!
In the unfortunate event that your vehicle has an accident, members will receive a 10% discount off the cost of their repair from our approved bodyshop
Why not advertise to your customer base on our website? Contact our advertising and sponsorship department on 01423 880801.